#121 – StarCast: “The Suppy-sode” w/EG Suppy!
"The Suppy-sode" w/EG Suppy!– Episode #121
- EG Suppy Interview
- Dreamhack eSports Congress Event
- Dreamhack Valencia
- GSL Ro16
- MLG vs KeSPA Invitational Issues
- Sasquatch signs to compLexity
- MLG Live Spectator Passes on Sale Now
- New Unit Dances in Heart of the Swarm
Hosts: Garrett and Kyle
StarCast is proudly sponsored by:
- Doghouse Systems.com StarCast is proudly sponsored by Doghouse Systems.com. If you use the code StarCast or Biscuit at checkout, you will get double memory on you next Doghouse System.
- Tweaked Audio.com Go to Tweaked Audio.com for high-performance, noise-reducing ear buds. Use our code, Starcast to get 30% off plus free shipping on your order.
- SC2 Quote of the Day.com Daily quotes from the Starcraft 2 community. The site may suck, but the quotes are sick. Make sure to check out the quote archive, with all the quotes from your favorite Starcraft nerds!
Additional support comes from
- Starcrossed: Volume 1 available for pre-order now onIndiegogo.com. It is the first collection of comics by friend of the show and cartoonist Joel Duggan. With over 80 pages of comics and content the book is a must have for Starcrossed readers and comic fans.
- The Sysco Intermountain crew in Utah
Sponsor an episode of StarCast at TheStarCast.com
Episode # 122
Date: October 4th
Guest: Tobias “Tumba” of eSports Management
- Where does “Suppy” come from?
- Do you prefer to be called Suppy or Superiorwolf from casters/players/etc.?
- When did your interest in gaming, in general, begin? (Consoles? PC?)
- Favorite game? Favorite console game?
- Why do you play zerg? And do you intend to switch races in HotS or will you stay with zerg? Why?
- How do you manage going to college (especially since you’re in UC berkeley) and manage to practice starcraft 2 at a high level?
- What if school gets too hard/time-consuming.. will you sacrifice Starcraft to study more/get better grades?
- how did EG approach you, and when do you think they noticed you as a player. (did you have contacts at the team/friends in the EG house)
- Why did EG pick you up and not some other rising star?
- After being picked up by EG, have you felt that your skills kept improving, or have you experienced a plateau?
- Do you often train with your team mates (idra, puma, thorzain, JYP, demuslim , stephano etc…) ? And what kind of relation ship do you have with them?
- When you came in 9th in WCS NA, losing to HuK, how did you feel? Were you ok with the spot going to your teammate?
- Did you feel accomplished knowing you made it so far?
- You often hear people say that the EU scene is currently much stronger that the NA scene. How do you feel about this, and what do you think should happen in order to improve that reputation for the NA scene.
- What kind of playstyle do you enjoy as zerg the most?
- how do you differentiate yourself from other zergs?
- What is your worst matchup and what do you need to work on in order to make it your best?
- Which Zerg player(s) do you look up to for inspiration?
- Is there a progamer with whom you are sort of cursed? Like that you always lose to that person in tournaments? Like Cloud and GoOdy for example?
- In depth, how would you tell up and coming players to improve their play towards being a pro are passive reactionary builds a good way? Is it necessary to play x amount of games a day? Why?
- What’s your initial thoughts on Heart of the Swarm? Do you have a good or a bad feeling about HOTS?
- What HotS unit are you most excited for?
- Any HotS builds in particular that are blowing your mind?
- With the KeSpA pro’s having fully transitioned, and showing some impressive results already, how do you think the future of foreign sc2 will be. Will the korean’s slowly but surely sit down on the undisputed throne of skill, or will there always be small group of foreigners who can keep up?
- What is your future expectations from now? For how long will you be playing sc2?
- KawaiiRice wants to know:
Why are you way too happy?
- QuanticIllusion wants to know:
- What is your favorite game, movie, starcraft, or overall quote?
- If you could bring back one zerg BW unit, what would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite tv show and movie?
- Did you ever think of going to Korea? Maybe dressing up in an LG-IM jersey and cap while kidnapping MVP to take his place in GSL?
Dreamhack eSports Congress Event
Dreamhack and Twitch partnered to host an eSports "congress" event just before the tournament in Valencia, inviting leaders or representatives of many major eSports organizations for panels and discussions of the current and future state of eSports. Including…
- CBS Interactive
One of the more interesting points brought up was the idea of StarCraft multiplayer going free-to-play.
"We don’t know how we would monetize it," Browder added. "While it might be good fun for me to play against someone with only half the units available to them, that’s not going to be an enjoyable experience for them."
Waves of free to play controversy:
Taeja came back from 0-2 to defeat ForGG in the finals 3-2.
Winners: Rain & TaeJa
Out: Polt & DRG
Winners: Leenock & HerO
Pick of the week: Game 3. Leenock mind controls mothership and vortex’s his own army, allowing broods to surround. Mc Comments
Out: Squirtle & Heart
Winners: Mvp & MKP
Out: JYP & Curious
Winners: Life & Symbol
Out: Seed & Happy
“Absent from the list of competitors is any representation from any of the teams under the Korean eSports Federation, representing teams in Korea not under KeSPA, with the exception of SlayerS. All six Korean players invited, among them Jang "MC" Min Chul, Fnatic’s Han "aLive" Lee Seok, and Lee "PuMa" Ho Joon, are signed to western teams SK Gaming, Fnatic, and Evil Geniuses, respectively. Incredible Miracle’s Hwang "LosirA" Kang Ho and Prime’s Lee "MarineKing" Jung Hoon are said to have turned down invites.”
“It was most likely because the ESF teams only got 8 invites and KESPA got 24”, FXOpen eSports Director Joshua Dentrinos told GameSpot, one of the teams part of the ESF. “When KESPA hasn’t helped develop MLG as much as ESF teams have.”
Sasquatch signs to Complexity
and graduates from the Academy
MLG Live Spectator Passes on Sale Now
for fun: New Unit Dances in Heart of the Swarm
Brought to you by husky
You can also email the show at email@example.com or call the StarCast line at 941-882-0281. That’s where we get all of our strategies and random emails. So send your strats, questions, comments, and mp3 attachments that are under 90 seconds to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow StarCast on Twitter @thestarcast
- Follow Garrett on @garrettart
- Follow Kyle @kylefergusson
- Producer: @PatrickJester
- Editor: @captainnoobing
for everything Diablo, WoW and StarCraft
And don’t forget to check out our sponsors:
Doghouse Systems, for the best gaming computers you’ll find anywhere. Use codes, StarCast and Biscuit to get double memory on your next rig. Visit DoghouseSystems.com.