#71 – StarCast: “Dark Side FTW!”
“Dark Side FTW!” – Episode #71
- Blizzard News
- Patch 1.4 Update
- Gordon Hayward
- Achievemnt of the week
- Listener Strategy Calls and Emails
- Eye on E-Sports
- cVo Update
- Match of the Week: IMMvP (T) vs. oGsTop (T)- GSL August Code S finals
- Listener Emails
- Sandman’s Modspot
- KingOctavios’s Sci-Fi in my Starcraft
- Thank You’s
Hosts: Garrett, Kyle, and Mork
Contributers: Gaige, Hipster, cVoBuddha, King Octavious, Sandman, Discorax, Danny, Haarp, Apollo, Staff Sarget John the 5th, Zes, InternetDave, SDS Tash
StarCast is proudly sponsored by:
Use the codes: StarCast and Biscuit on your next Doghouse purchase for a $25 J!nx card and help support StarCast in the process.
Diablo 3 News:
PayPal on Battle.net
We’re pleased to announce that in most regions, PayPal will be our payment-service partner for the Diablo III auction house, allowing players who trade with real-world currency the ability to cash out the spoils of their battle-torn adventures via a PayPal account.
Blizzard Plans six releases by 2014
2 world of warcraft expansions
2 StarCraft expansions
Diablo 3 – for consol?
Diablo expansion or Project Titan?
Diablo 3 Skill Calculator
9/8/2011 7:00 PM PDT
- Infestor’s Neural Parasite can no longer target Massive units.
9/15/11 11:05 AM PDT
- the range of Neural Parasite will instead be reduced from 9 to 7
Gordon Hayward to play in IPL
Utah Jazz Forward Gordon Hayward join StarCraft Esports During his LockOut
“Reeeee-orrrrr. Reeeeee-orrrrrr. Yes, that’s the sound of your nerd alert being activated”
“Yeah, no, that’s great. You go do that”
InternetDave’s Achievement of the Week:
Zes Calls in on the StarCast Line – 941-882-0281
Staff Sarget John the 5th.
How does a Forge Fast Expand into 4 gate 2 stargate phoenixes sound against zerg? And what would you transition into?
I just wanted to answer some questions you guys had about using a Warp Gate vs a regular Gateway. To sum it up, Warp Gates are more efficient. If we look at a zealot, it takes 38 seconds to build out of a un-chronoboosted Gateway. Taking into account the cooldown, a zealot takes 28 seconds to get out of a Warp Gate.
Chronoboost will cut down on build time linearly by ten seconds per boost. Hence using 3 precisly timed chronoboosts on a zealot at a Gateway, will cut down the build time to 8 seconds, and even less if you apply a 4th. The same with the Warp Gate where 2 chronos cuts the zealot time to 8 seconds. The fact that getting Warp Gate cuts down the initial 10 seconds, hence saving a chrono.
So, they are basically the same in efficiency but using a regular Gateway requires more chronos to match a Warp Gate. If you wanted the same chronos on both, then you need 2.25 more Gateways than Warp Gates to match production.
You guys spoke the other episode about changing the UI in some ways. What are some dirty tips or tricks you can give?
I want to shout out to my gf who will never listen to this show, but when i told her i was going to be playing with my friend, instead of nagging, she said "KICK HIS ASS!!!!"
- Backspace – cycle bases.
- Alt key – Health Bars
- Spacebar – View recent ping or update. Hitting the Space Bar button after you heard a tactical nuke callout may bring you to the location of the red dot.
- F1 and Workers – F1 to select and idle worker and CTRL F1, Shift F1 can be used to add an idle worker to you current selection
- SHIFT & CTRL -You can add units to your current selection by holding the shift key while selecting them, you can also hold CTRL while selecting a unit to select all units of the same type on your current screen.
- Shift Queue – Holding the Shift key while issuing commands will allow you to queue up to 32 commands in Starcraft 2, you can queue virtually any command. Stalkers can be moved to a cliff, Shift + clicked to use Blink once they reach the edge, and continue moving. This helps avoid the situations where Stalkers are ordered to Blink, but the ones in the back are too far away to make it over the gap or cliff.
- Building Hotkeys – Hot key buildings
- TAB Key – Use the TAB key to cycle forward through options and SHIFT TAB to cycle backwards, this not only works in SC2 matches but also for things like RealID chat.
- Units can be loaded into transports in order to avoid the effects of the Ghost’s EMP.
- You can EMP the opponent’s orbital command before dropping a nuke. If it’s their only means of detection this can definately improve your chances of success.
- Turning on "Show Building Grids" in the options can help with your ramp block ins.
Discorax Team cVo Update
One year of StarCraft 2 Esports:
August 28, 2010 – First GSL StarCraft 2 tournement – Winner Fruitdealer.
Gomtv announces Arena of Legends
Match of the Week: IMMvP vs. oGsTop – GSL August Code S finals
top 32 of GSL
Kim "TOP" Jung Hoon
TOP plays a very macro-focused Terran style. He has gained notoriety for losing entire armies in engagements but prevailing through sheer production alone.
Jung “Mvp” Jong Hyun
Known for his deadly timing attacks, MVP is solid all-around in all of his match ups, with vs Zerg being his best. . He is famous for his macro management in middle to late game. He is also well-known for having some of the best marine control amongst progamers, and for his heavy Battlecruiser play in TvT matchups.
All ofMvp’s Championships have been won through TvT.
“When I won against IMNesTea, I knew I can win this season. He told me to become the Champion since you defeated me” -IM.Mvp
Not only were we about to witness a mirror-match, we were also treated to a mirror-strategy. As both Terran opted for Mech-style play with mass Raven/Viking support. Some early Hellion on Hellion action lead into a Terran positioning war. Things heated up when MVP trained some Ghosts and brought down the hammer with some Nuke-harass.
Game 2-Dual Sight
Both players went for some more Mech on Mech action. Top blunders early though, leaving his supply depot down allowing MVP to walk right in with Blue Flame Hellions and kills all his workers. Simultaneously Top lost all of his Vikings to MVP’s Vikings during a push on MVP’s main which allowed MVP to land his Vikings right on top of Top’s Tanks and put an end to game 2.
King Octavious Sci-Fi in my StarCraft
Hipster and Buddha Call in
I have recently begun learning HTML and CSS for web Development, What should I do with the website I have?? I really have no idea…
If you want more StarCast you can go to www.thestarcast.com where you can find links to EVERYTHING StarCast. The official Twitter, Facebook, Forums, and music. As well as donate to the show or sponsor an entire episode. We really appreciate any help from you the listeners.
If you want to jump straight to the heart of our community point your browser to www.thestarcast.com/forum to join the already 3000+ strong in our mission to make StarCraft an awesome social experience. There you can join our SC2 clan.
Don’t forget to check under the show discussion forum for the weekly esports match up vote.
You can also email the show at email@example.com. That’s where we get all our strategies and general inquiry emails. So send your strats, questions, comments, and mp3 attachments that are under 90 seconds!
Be Cool, Hang out in the “StarCast” chat channel in SC2.
Follow StarCast on Twitter @thestarcast
Follow Garrett on @garrettart
Follow Kyle @kylefergusson
Follow Mork @MorkSC
Follow Team cVo @Team_cVo
Check Out Mork’s Live Stream! http://www.justin.tv/morksc
1.11 of the StarCast Android App is now avalible. With Korean Language Support!
Its easier then ever to join our forums and clan. Go to the forums to sign up.
And don’t forget to check out our sponsors, Doghouse Systems, for the best gaming computers you’ll find anywhere. Use codes, StarCast and Biscuit to get a $25 J!nx card with your next purchase. Visit DoghouseSystems.com.